Product Specialist/Senior Product Specialist, PTI EMA
Gyros Protein Technologies (the Biopharmaceutical Development Division of Mesa Laboratories) is a leading provider of automated peptide synthesizers and bioanalytical tools for discovery, development and manufacturing of biotherapeutics. The Company combines Gyros’ microfluidics and immunoassay expertise with Protein Technologies’ extensive knowledge in developing and manufacturing instruments for solid phase peptide synthesis. The Biopharmaceutical Development Division consists of a team of approx. 140 highly motivated professionals in Sales, Marketing, R&D and Operations. The division is positioned as a major growth driver for the company and we are investing in both organic and in-organic growth. The Peptide Synthesizers unit, Protein Technologies, is looking for a Product Specialist for EMEA region.
The Product Specialist for the peptide synthesis portfolio will support the Sales Team in the development and execution of a successful sales strategy for revenue growth and market share expansion in the region. He/She will work across territories to support new business in competitive accounts and exceeding customer expectations in EMEA region. The successful candidate will also work as a post-sale customer support in application development, instrument training and problem solving in order to maintain customer satisfaction.
Our customers are within Biopharma, CRO/CMO and Academia.
The Product Specialist will be a part of the European Sales Team and will report to the Team Leader. The role is home based and requires candidates to reside in one of the following countries: France, Germany, UK or Sweden. The candidate must speak fluent English and any additional language will be a plus.
The work activities include travel, customer visits and attending trade shows and conferences. The position has an average of about three days of travel/week.
The position involves the following responsibilities related to:
SALES AND CUSTOMERS SUPPORT
- Work with European sales team in the pre-sales steps with technical support, customer demos, and evaluation of the potential purchasers needs from an application perspective. Support will require travel and/or demonstrations via the web.
- Create the link between the customers, sales, marketing and R&D teams to enable transfer of market trends, needs and insights
- Maintain the accuracy and content (accounts, contacts and activities) of the company Customer Relationship Management system (CRM)
- Attend and deliver podium presentations at scientific conferences, trade shows and symposia
- Provide references and publications to support the customer applications
- Give instrument and application relevant presentations at client sites or via webinars
- Prepare and implement seminars organized by PTI
- Train customers on PTI products (software and hardware)
- Perform laboratory work in house or at the clients site including experimental design, synthesis protocol optimization, synthesis run, preparation of documentation and reports
- Participate and contribute to new application/product development, product portfolio maintenance, feasibility studies and idea evaluation
- Design experiments and perform synthesis according to Customer or internal requests
- Propose, plan, and manage the peptide applications plan/roadmap
- Contribute towards the design and development of customer facing marketing materials such as webinars, newsletters, application notes and instrument manuals, brochures, and information sheets
- Provide relevant training and guidance on GPT instruments and synthesis methodology to junior staff and the sales team.
- Keep up to date with the current state of the art in peptide synthesis and relay novel techniques or methodologies to the applications and sales team.
- MSc. or PhD. degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field with experience in Peptide Chemistry or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years hands on experience with peptide or organic chemistry, preferably using automated peptide synthesizers
- Demonstrated working knowledge of safe laboratory methods and adhere to scientifically sound practices
- Strong observational and analytical abilities, competence using and maintaining a variety of analytical instruments and lab equipment
- Excellent communication, presentation, and computer skills, including technical report writing
- An interest in technical products and keen to learn about new products
- Excellent social skills and used to build customer relationships and sales situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Well organized, self-motivated with the ability to plan and effectively structure time and work
- Team player interested in contributing to long term business relationships
- Based on a candidate experience and qualifications either Product Specialist or Senior Product Specialist position will be offered
- The compensation package includes base salary, car allowance and commission
For more information about the position, please contact Florence Genet at +33 6 79 29 48 81 or Lukasz Frankiewicz at +33 6 11 95 34 15.
We accept applications ongoing at email@example.com